Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pinterest Challenge

I have accepted a pinterest challenge. The first challenge was to do a pin off of one of my boards. Since it is harvesting time, I decided to do refrigerator pickles. If anyone knows me, they know that I am a sucker for pickles. I love refrigerator pickles because they are quick and easy....plus you don't have to wait around for 6 weeks before they are ready to eat.  So here we go.....

Here is the pin:

I had a bunch of cucumbers from the garden and some that mom gave me as well. I also had an abundance of banana peppers and pickling peppers that I needed to do something with so I added them to the jars as well. Nothing better than pickled peppers on a sandwich. 

Here is what mine looked like:
I ended up with 7 quarts and a pint. Unfortunately I have to let them sit for 48 hours! The waiting begins....

*Words of Advice: Do Not do these on a 95 degree day.....in fact don't do any canning on a 95 degree day...Way too Hot! 

I will let you know how they taste in  41 hours....but whose keeping track! :)

1 comment:

angie said...

Awesome... They look yummy. I think i pinned that one too, but i didnt plant any cucumbers this year. :(