Wednesday, April 2, 2008

SAVE ELY


I'm not sure how many have heard but Ontario is trying to buy our awesome town of Ely, MN. For those of you who have been there know that it is a town that you automatically fall in love with when you first arrive. It is such a cute, rustic town. Also know for Dorothy's Root Beer....yum yum. Anways, I found a petition that has been started called Save Ely. You can sign the petition by going to ely.org
For those of you who know this town know that we don't want to see it go. For those of you who have not been there, they are recommending you go this summer before it is gone. If you don't plan on going or have not been there, please sign the petition anyway. I don't want to see it go. It is one of the only places left in the U.S. that has this kind of wilderness. Why should we sell it to another country. I will be totally bummed if it is moved to Canada.
Sign the Petition.........The choice is yours!!!

3 comments:

Emma said...

um, that can't be true!
wasn't that a april fool's day trick or something? please please tell me it was!

Sara / David said...

Wish I could say that it was but it really wasn't. Everyone thought that it was but really turns out that Ontario wants to buy it. :(

Emma said...

Okay, I am going to sign a petition... every single one I can find! Ely is obvioulsy a family favorite, it can't go!